What’s Going on?
The BigStyle surf weekend is essentially a way to spend from Friday evening to Sunday evening eating great food, surfing yourself to bits, having serious craic and meeting new people.
Nothing wrong with that.
It’s a great way either to learn to surf, or to hone your already polished surf skills to perfection. Team this with a great weekend away in Ireland’s coolest surf lodge and you’re onto a winner.
The trip runs from Friday evening until Sunday evening and includes the following:
- Two hours of surf lessons each day (wetsuits and booties included)
- Another two hours of surfboard rental each day (wetsuits and booties included)
- A healthy, hearty breakfast each morning
- Our world famous BBQ dinner on Saturday night
- A bonfire session in the lodge if it’s not raining… a trip to the pub if it is!
So there are two ways of getting down to us.
1. SELF DRIVE
If you have your own car it’s a straightforward 3.5 – 4 hour drive down the M6. If you’re driving solo or have space in your car we’ll try to find you some other guests to carpool with.
Once we know who’s going we can start putting plans together regarding this.
2. TRAIN & LIFT
You can take the train from Dublin to Westport and we can collect you from Westport train station and bring you straight to the lodge.
The transfer from Westport train station to the lodge costs €10 each way
From Dublin the plan would be:
Outgoing: Take the 18.15 train from Dublin Heuston to Westport on Friday evening
Return: Take the 5.45 train from Westport to Dublin Heuston on the Sunday evening
The train usually costs €40 return and takes 3.5 hours
What if there’s no surf?
In the rare event of there being no surf at all we’ll make sure we have a few SUP boards down there to keep us having the craic (we might even break out the mysterious BigStyle games) and we’ll organize a hike up Croagh Patrick – Ireland’s famous holy mountain.
What to Bring
- Clothes for any type of weather, nature plays by its own rules out there
- Swimming shorts or swimsuit
- Sturdy boots in case we go hiking
- If you have a wetsuit be sure to bring it otherwise we’ll give you one no problem
- A few beers if you’re that way inclined
- A little bit of food for the Friday night and for Saturday and Sunday lunch – you have full access to our kitchen so you can get creative