NEW YEARS EXTRAVAGANZA
What’s it all About?
New Years is a tricky enough state of affairs, the big city centre blow out invariably turns into a washout and you’re left promising yourself that you’ll plan something better next year… but never do.
Have no fear though – this year the Shtyle has everything firmly under control.
We’re going to put together the best New Years event this country of ours has ever seen. Imagine three days of great of food, chilly winter surfs, live tunes, a whopper session in a great country pub, cosy vibes, swims with hot whiskies followed by hot tubs… and then double it.
Read on for a run down of all the details.
- Two nights accommodation in the Atlantic Lodge (Check-In from 17.00 on the 30th December)
- Music, and lots of it. A trad session the P. Dans pub on the first night and a live gig in the lodge on NYE and then back to P. Dans for more live tunes
- Four hearty meals and two breakfasts across the 2 days
- Yoga on the morning of New Years Eve
- Watersports – Surfing or SUP dependent on weather conditions.
- A New Years Day dip
- Hot Tubs
- More craic than you’ll even begin to know what to do with
What’s not included
- Transport down. No problem for drivers and we’ve got a train & bus package for those non-drivers.
- Alcoholic beverages – but there’ll be plenty of opportunities to stock up in an off-licence or enjoy a creamy pint of black stuff in a local boozer.
So there are two ways of getting down to us.
1. SELF DRIVE
If you have your own car it’s a straightforward 3.5 – 4 hour drive down the M6. If you’re driving solo or have space in your car we’ll try to find you some other guests to carpool with.
Once we know who’s going we can start putting plans together regarding this.
2. TRAIN & LIFT
You can take the train from Dublin to Westport and we can collect you from Westport train station and bring you straight to the lodge.
The transfer from Westport train station to the lodge costs €10 each way
From Dublin the plan would be:
Outgoing: Take the 18.15 train from Dublin Heuston to Westport on Friday evening
Return: Take the 5.45 train from Westport to Dublin Heuston on the Sunday evening
The train usually costs €40 return and takes 3.5 hours
What to bring Section
- Beach towel
- Wetsuit if you have one (we’ll of course provide one if you don’t)
- Warm and waterproof clothes, and plenty of changes of socks and trousers etc. It’s the West of Ireland in late Autumn… be prepared.
- Hiking boots (waterproof if possible)
- Reusable water bottle
- A bit of booze if you’re that way inclined
MAKE A BOOKING