The Atlantic Lodge and Dún Laoghaire SUP School will be closed for all activities and accommodation temporarily, as per the Government directive and in the interest of protecting the health of our staff, their families, our guests, our suppliers and our local community.
We plan to reopen all elements of the company on the 20th July in accordance with Phase 4 of Ireland’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business. We will review the context and official guidelines regularly and update as the situation evolves – meaning everything is continually open to review and rescheduling.
Once we do open we will be reintroducing our Adventure Weekends, surf and kitesurfing schools at the lodge, along with all activities at the Dún Laoghaire SUP school, but on a slightly smaller scale so we can remain in line with social and physical distancing guidelines.
We’ll also be introducing remote working / staycation elements to the Atlantic lodge to be more in line with what’s relevant to people during this time, we will be releasing a new page on the website about that in the coming weeks.
For those of you who do hold existing bookings made prior to May 18th for adventure weekends or other events at the lodge or SUP school we’ll be in contact with you individually with your options about cancellations and rescheduling.
For any bookings made from the 18th of May onwards we will be waiving cancellation and rescheduling fees in light of the current constantly changing situation. We hope with our being flexible on this will help you accept that dates for this year’s events may be subject to change.
For the safety and protection of our guests. clients and employees in relation to Covid-19, we have implemented additional precautionary measures to take every action possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
We would ask that any customers experiencing flu-like symptoms or sickness or have been in contact with a confirmed case to please postpone their visit to a later date.
This information has been developed based on HSE and World Health Organisation Draft Guidelines and does not constitute legal advice and is purely for guidance.
The following actions are being taken by our team as part of a coordinated response:
- Regular review of the HSE and WHO guidelines. HSE guidelines and posters are displayed throughout the hotel and SUP school. Guidelines have been circulated to all employees.
- A Covid-19 Manager has been appointed to implement and enforce guidelines in both the Atlantic Lodge and Dún Laoghaire SUP school.
- Increased staff numbers on site for all events to facilitate smaller groups during activities and ensure implementation of increased sanitation measures.
- Hand Sanitiser units have been put in place at all entry points, reception, and throughout all common areas.
- We will be continuing our policy of washing and disinfecting all wetsuits and accessories after every session. We will also be disinfecting all other equipment (Stand up Paddleboards, paddles, surfboards, kitesurfing bars etc) after every session
- Reducing the number of guests staying on site at the Atlantic Lodge or partaking in any activities in the lodge or Dún Laoghaire.
- Hourly sanitisation of identified common touch points of all public areas.
- Accommodation teams at the lodge are doing a deep clean and full sanitisation of all guest rooms with extra time being assigned per room to allow for common touch areas to be disinfected.
- Hot tubs at the Lodge are closed as a precautionary measure.
For some more information on all this – below you’ll find a link to the HSE guidelines we’ll be following:
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, if you have any questions in relation to any of the above don’t hesitate to email or call us on the following address and phone number.
Kris and the BigStyle Team
+353 89 4069432