NOT JUST YOGA RETREAT
What is it?
A midweek retreat that offers the usual range of yoga classes along with workshops and the best outdoor adventures that the West has to offer against the backdrop of the rugged mountain scenery and beautiful beaches of Mayo! All levels of experience are welcome!
- Double Room En-Suite = €500.00 per person – Ideal for couples sharing
- Twin Room En-Suite = €500.00 per person – Ideal for friends sharing
- All rooms can be booked for individual occupancy for an extra cost of €50.00 – Please email on booking to avail of this option
A quick outline
- You can come down on Tuesday evening, meet your fellow yogis, share a meal & squeeze in a welcome yoga session before bed
- Silent meditation mornings will begin at 7am Wednesday morning with vinyasa flow at 8am
- After breakfast we will head out for a hike, surf or Sup session depending on what weather the Atlantic throws at us!
- Then back to the lodge for a hearty lunch, hatha/yin/restorative class followed by workshops including massage therapy, group art, meditation, skin therapy… The group decides the workshop
- We will have a chill evening in the lodge with dinner and a guided meditation before hopping into bed
- Thursday will follow a similar plan with different activities and workshops
- Come Friday morning everyone will head home feeling relaxed and renewed
With three classes a day in our brand new yoga room, you’ll be feeling pretty Zen going to bed every night! The classes, presented by our expert teachers, will combine elements of Vinyasa, Hatha, Yin and Restorative Yoga. We will also spend time helping you understand how to sequence a class, so you can bring everything you’ve learned home with you.
Attaining peace of mind is a lifelong journey but meditation is a good first step. Begin the morning with a silent meditation in the main hall. We will also explore mindfulness, mantra and loving kindness meditations.
Pick and choose from a variety of workshops to entertain and educate yourself in the afternoons. Introductory classes to massage therapy, skin care and group art classes are examples of what’s in store.
STUDIO WITH A VIEW
Our yoga studio has panoramic views down to the Carrowneesky beach, Clare Island and the iconic mountain Croagh Patrick.
The lodge is situated next to the magnificent Killadoon Hill which we often tackle on one of the days. It offers panoramic views of the surrounding area and we often end the expedition with a sea swim down on Killadoon Beach.
In the Lodge, we pride ourselves on serving up delicious and healthy meals to nourish and fuel your body and being active in the outdoors. We serve up mainly vegetarian dishes but we promise you won’t be missing meat this weekend. From wood fired sourdough pizza to Cloudpicker filter coffee, we’ll satisfy even the most picky foody.
The lodge is a beautiful space to escape the stress of the week. Chill during the day and maybe read a book on our roof deck and catch some rays. Grab a fresh pint of Guinness in our onsite pub P.Dans. In the evening, while the sunset behind Clare Island, the bonfire will be going and there’s always a few tunes going about.