The plan is to meet up at Colimore Harbour which lies on the mainland just half a kilometer from Dalkey Island. We’ll get into wetsuits and spend about an hour paddling out from the Harbour and around the island to take in the sights.
Then when we get to the Island we’ll have a beer and some delicious BBQ and paddle back after an hour or two.
We’ll have a support boat with us the whole way along with friendly, professional guides.
It’s a fine way to finish a workday.
- Meet at Coliemore Harbour in Dalkey at 6.30pm – plenty of time to make it out from work on the Dart or by car
- There’ll be Stand Up Paddleboards and wetsuits for everyone and a boat to keep an eye on any wayward paddlers
- We’ll spend an hour getting over and an hour or so on the Island
- We aim to be back well before dark
- Anybody who feels they can’t make it back will be ferried back in the boat
- All in for a cool €50 – no surprises, we’re sound
WHAT TO BRING
- A towel
- A wetsuit if you want to use your own, otherwise we’ll provide one
- Swimsuit or trunks for under the wetsuit
- Some warm cloths and a bag to put them in
- Your sense of adventure