THE ATLANTIC LODGE
The surf weekend is a way of exploring Ireland’s wild west, learning to surf, hanging out in our beautiful lodge, chilling in hot tubs, drinking a few pints in our pub and generally just having an absolute blast.
The beauty of a BigStyle weekend away west is that everything takes place in our wonderfully remote lodge. Set in wild Kiladoon Co. Mayo it’s a ten minute drive from the nearest town and a one stop shop for everything you need – surf, SUP and kitesurfing schools, pub & restaurant, 15 en-suite bedrooms, beaches and hiking trails in walking distance and our amazing chilling area complete with hot tubs.
This means that everyone stays in the same place for the whole weekend, creating a perfect place for a team to bond properly while having a trip they’ll never forget.
You’ll find more info about out Atlantic Lodge here
The Surf Weekend is a slightly stripped back version of our full Adventure Weekend, meaning you can get the incredible BigStyle experience for a more affordable price.
Here’s what you get:
- Two night’s accommodation in our Lodge – in either a double, twin, triple or four bed dorm, depending on what option you’ve gone for.
- Two hours of surf lessons each day (wetsuits and booties included) and another two hours of surfboard rental each day (wetsuits and booties included)
- A healthy, hearty breakfast each morning
- Our world famous BBQ dinner on Saturday night
- Exclusive access to our meeting rooms with a view for those all important team meetings
- Creative (and most importantly, not cringey) team building exercises both indoors and outdoors. In the water during the day and in the communal area of the lodge in the evening
- Use of the hot tubs on the Saturday evening after the watersports
- Live music in the pub both evenings
Here’s what’s not included
- No dinner on the Friday night or lunch on the Saturday and Sunday, but the restaurant of P.Dan’s pub is on site for food both days. People are also more than welcome to use our kitchen facilities to prepare their own meals
- No transport to get to the Lodge, check out the ‘Getting There’ section below for more info on options of how to get to the lodge
- No transport to and from the beaches when you’re down here. On our regular weekends people usually drive themselves but when businesses or groups book they tend to organise buses while they’re down here. We can help with this so be sure to get in touch if you need.
- No booze, you’ll either have to bring your own or slide into the pub for a few pints
How many is it suitable for
The above numbers give exlusive use of the Lodge. We can cater for smaller groups but the lodge will then be open to the public and the offerings we can provide might be reduced.
If you’ve got a really big team we can often make something work for up to 40 people so get in touch if you want to have a chat about the possibilities.
€250 – 290 per person
There are a few different accommodation options ranging from dorms to twin and double rooms, we can also do one lump sum overall price for the company and leave it to you guys to decide which rooms to allocate to whom.
All rooms are en-suite.
Dorm: €190 | Triple room: €210 | Double room: €230 | Twin room: €230
It usually runs from Friday evening to Sunday evening, but we can run it over a similar amount of time on other days if required.
Fitness Level Needed
Suitable for everyone
How to get there
So there are three ways of getting down to us.
If you have your own car it’s a straightforward 3.5 – 4 hour drive down the M6 or the M4. You can also car-pool your team as to make life easier for everyone.
You can take the train from Dublin to Westport and we can collect you from Westport train station and bring you straight to the lodge. The transfer from Westport train station to the lodge costs €10 each way.
From Dublin the plan would be:
Outgoing: Take the 18.15 train from Dublin Heuston to Westport on Friday evening
Return: Take the 5.45 train from Westport to Dublin Heuston on the Sunday evening
The train usually costs €40 return and takes 3.5 hours
You can organise a bus from Dublin straight to the lodge and back, we can help you find the best deal for this if you’d like to get in touch!
What to bring Section
- Clothes for any type of weather, nature plays by its own rules out there
- Swimming shorts or swimsuit
- Sturdy boots in case we go hiking
- If you have a wetsuit be sure to bring it otherwise we’ll give you one no problem
- A few beers if you’re that way inclined
- A little bit of food for the Friday night and for Saturday and Sunday lunch. There is the restaurant on site for food and you’ll have full access to our kitchen if you want to get creative
What if there’s no surf?
In the rare event of there being no surf at all we’ll make sure we have a few SUP boards down there to keep us having the craic and we’ll make sure there’s hiking to be had in the area.