THE ATLANTIC LODGE
The BigStyle adventure trip is the ultimate weekend away in Ireland. We pull out all the stops and make it a two day long non-stop whirlwind of watersports, delicious food, live music and adventure… which will leave your whole team exhausted and delighted in equal measure.
Our Adventure Weekend (like our Surf Weekend) takes place in our wonderfully remote Atlantic Lodge. Set in wild Killadoon Co. Mayo it’s a ten minute drive from the nearest town and a one stop shop for everything you need – surf, SUP and kitesurfing schools, pub & restaurant, 15 en-suite bedrooms, beaches and hiking trails in walking distance and our amazing chilling area complete with hot tubs.
This means that everyone stays in the same place for the whole weekend, creating a perfect place for a team to bond properly while having a trip they’ll never forget.
We’ve taken our classic adventure weekend package and tailored it to work as a perfect team building event or business offsite.
Check out this link for more info on our lodge and read on to find out more about the best weekend you’ll ever go on!
Like we said this is our ultimate experience here in ireland so we’re sure to pull out all the stops:
Here’s what you get:
- Two night’s accommodation in our Lodge – in either a double, twin, triple or four bed dorm, depending on what option you’ve gone for.
- Three beautiful vegetarian meals per day prepared by our in house chef.
- Yoga both mornings in our bright spacious studio overlooking the sea
- Two watersports activities each day. Which activity it is will depend on the weather but we’re always sure to include surfing, introductory kite flying (precursor to kitesurfing), and some stand up paddleboarding.
- Creative (and most importantly, not cringey) team building exercises both indoors and outdoors. In the water during the day and in the communal area of the lodge in the evening
- Exclusive access to our meeting rooms with a view for those all important team meetings
- A live fireside gig on our outdoor stage on the evening of the second night and live music in the pub on first night
- Use of the hot tubs on the Saturday evening after the watersports
- Friendly, relaxed vibes and serious craic
Here’s what’s not included
- No transport to get to the Lodge, check out the ‘Getting There’ section below for more info on options of how to get to the lodge
- No transport to and from the beaches when you’re down here. On our regular weekends people usually drive themselves but when businesses or groups book they tend to organise buses while they’re down here. We can help with this so be sure to get in touch if you need.
- No booze, you’ll either have to bring your own or slide into the pub for a few pints
How many is it suitable for
The above numbers give exlusive use of the Lodge. We can cater for smaller groups but the lodge will then be open to the public and the offerings we can provide might be reduced.
If you’ve got a really big team we can often make something work for up to 40 people so get in touch if you want to have a chat about the possibilities.
€250 – 290 per person
There are a few different accommodation options ranging from dorms to twin and double rooms, we can also do one lump sum overall price for the company and leave it to you guys to decide which rooms to allocate to whom.
All rooms are en-suite.
Dorm: €190 | Triple room: €210 | Double room: €230 | Twin room: €230
It usually runs from Friday evening to Sunday evening, but we can run it over a similar amount of time on other days if required.
Fitness Level Needed
Suitable for everyone
How to get there
So there are three ways of getting down to us.
If you have your own car it’s a straightforward 3.5 – 4 hour drive down the M6 or the M4. You can also car-pool your team as to make life easier for everyone.
You can take the train from Dublin to Westport and we can collect you from Westport train station and bring you straight to the lodge. The transfer from Westport train station to the lodge costs €10 each way.
From Dublin the plan would be:
Outgoing: Take the 18.15 train from Dublin Heuston to Westport on Friday evening
Return: Take the 5.45 train from Westport to Dublin Heuston on the Sunday evening
The train usually costs €40 return and takes 3.5 hours
You can organise a bus from Dublin straight to the lodge and back, we can help you find the best deal for this if you’d like to get in touch!
What to bring Section
- Clothes for any type of weather, nature plays by its own rules out there
- Swimming shorts or swimsuit
- Sturdy boots in case we go hiking
- If you have a wetsuit be sure to bring it otherwise we’ll give you one no problem
- A few beers if you’re that way inclined