Welcome to BigStyle SUP School and Rental
Stand up Paddleboarding is the best possible way to explore Dublin’s beautiful coastline, not to mention a fantastic way to get fit.
Whether you’re a seasoned water–dweller or a landlubber taking your first tentative steps we’re delighted to be here to help you get your sea legs.
Why not come on down and learn something new!
DunLaoghaire harbour is located just over 10km from Dubin’s city centre and its 200 acres of water is steeped in over 200 years of history. It’s the perfect place to learn to Stand up Paddle as it’s sheltered from almost every wind direction and offers loads of space to make all kinds of mistakes.
We’re located at the slipway to the Coal Harbour – the oldest part of DunLaoghaire’s historic port. It also happens to be the most sheltered part of the whole harbour and the perfect place to take your first spin on a SUP.
We’ll make sure to match your progression, so if you’re taking to it like a duck to water we’ll set off to explore, or if you’re a bit unsure we’ll take our time and cruise around a small area.
Also if you know what you’re doing come on down and rent a board off us and go on an adventure.GET DIRECTIONS
From mid-April to the start of November we’re open every weekday evening except for Monday and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
You can book in online for lessons and rentals:
We have two slots on weekday evenings (Tue to Fri):
- 5.30pm to 7pm
- 7.30pm to 9pm
We have four slots on weekends:
- 10.30am to 12pm
- 12.30pm to 2pm
- 2.30pm to 4pm
- 4.30pm to 6pm
Scroll down to our calendar below and you can book ahead of time – but you can also swing by us on the day and we’ll accommodate you as best we can.
Looking forward to seeing you in the water!
MAKE A BOOKING
- One or two quick things you should know before you come down for your lesson or rental
- Everything is included in the price – board, paddle, wetsuit, buoyancy aid and even wetsuit booties if you need them – so all you have to bring is shorts and a towel
- Try and be there at least 10 minutes before the lesson kicks off
- There’s plenty of parking beside the slip way we operate from but it costs €2 per hour
- Our operation is mobile in the harbor (for the moment!) so there are no changing rooms down there. So it’s best to come wearing your swim suit or swimming shorts.
- When you arrive you’ll see a trailer with flags and a large blue van… and everything says BigStyle in big letters, so it’s hard to miss.
Any more questions feel free to email SUP@bigstyle.ie or give us a call on 089 406 9432