This is a fine way to finish your working day – a fantastic adventure in Dublin’s back garden only 35 minutes from the city centre.
The Dalkey Island Paddle is an open-water paddling experience that sets out from Colliemore Harbour, a beautiful 500 year old harbour just south of the city. We then head out into Dublin bay and over to an island steeped in history and watched over by a huge colony of seals.
This trip is slightly more challenging than the harbour tours so we need your to either have previous paddling experience or be confident in the water with a reasonable fitness level.
Read on to find out the deets!
1 Person Dalkey Paddle
We’ll meet at 6PM in Colliemore Harbour. Parking is limited, so we suggest you take the Dart which stops a handy 10 minute walk away.
- When you arrive there’ll be a wetsuit, buoyancy aid, board and paddle ready for every adventurer.
- Once we’re all wetsuited up we’ll have a quick instructing session and safety briefing on land before we take to the water.
- The trip is very weather dependent, so our exact itinerary will depend on the wind, choppiness of the water and the strength of the current. That said, the ideal plan is to paddle around the island and eventually make landfall on the landward side of the island.
- We’d then spend 30 minutes exploring the island and then paddle back to the safety of Coliemore Harbour. The reality is that there’s a good chance this exact plan won’t happen but we’ll do our very best to make it to the island one way or another.
- The paddle and short stop on the island should take around 2 hours altogether.
- We’ll have a support boat with us the whole way along, along with friendly, professional guides.
- We don’t have any changing facilities in Coliemore Harbour, so be prepared to change out in the world or in the back of one of our vans.
- We unfortunately don’t have any toilet facilities in Coliemore Harbour so this is something to consider before you join us.