A guided session is the perfect introduction to flat water SUPing within the harbour. Here you’ll learn the basics of Stand up Paddleboarding, info on SUP safety and weather conditions, along with a guide to paddling safely within the harbour.
How long does it last?
The session itself lasts 1.5 hours but be prepared for the whole process, including getting in and out of a wetsuit, signing in and getting matched with equipment, to take 2 hours in total.
A wetsuit, buoyancy aid, a paddleboard, paddle and a leash are all included in the price.
- We’ll meet at the BigStyle SUP school at least 15 minutes before the lesson is scheduled to begin, in order to get into our water gear and get matched with the right paddling equipment.
- We’ll then spend 15 minutes or so on land talking through our equipment, some safety information, the layout of the harbour and, of course, how to SUP!
- Then we’ll go down to the slipway and launch ourselves into the harbour where we’ll spend a while paddling around, talking through technique and getting comfortable with it all.
- Once people are getting the hang of things we’ll go on and explore the harbour all the while making sure everyone’s technique is correct and answering questions anyone might have.
- Everybody learns at their own pace so we won’t be pushing anyone to try anything they’re not comfortable with, but at the same time we’ll also be happy for people to experiment out there.
What do I Need to Bring?
- Make sure to be prepared for being outdoors for a while, whether this means warm clothes or suncream… or both, as it is Ireland after all.
- If you have your own wetsuit it would be a good idea to bring it along, that way you can make sure you get a dry one and your own one is always the most comfortable.